Six New Single CD Receivers From Pioneer Kick Off 2013 Product Line-Up
If your considering some new audio gear for your daily driver you need to check out these latest and greatest head units from our friends at Pioneer. They all feature some great new options and allow popular listening of external audio on iDevices, USB drives, and more. Check out the details below for more.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. has introduced six new single CD receiver models for 2013, the FH-X700BT, DEH-X6500BT, DEH-X5500HD, DEH-X3500UI, DEH-2500UI and DEH-150MP, that fulfill the consumer’s in-car entertainment needs with new cosmetics, expanded smartphone integration and features developed to match today’s music-listening trends. The new line-up is integrated with a mix of features and technologies including larger multi-line displays, iPhone® certified connectivity, Bluetooth® (1) hands-free and audio streaming, App Mode®, MIXTRAX™, Pandora® internet radio and HD Radio® technology.
“Not only is it important for Pioneer to include the newest and latest technologies into our products, but they must be easy to use in the car environment,” said Ted Cardenas, vice president of marketing for the Car Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Our new single CD receivers not only offer maximum entertainment value, but they make it extremely convenient for users to integrate their personal devices and stay connected.”
MODERN COSMETIC APPEAL
With the DEH-2500UI model and above, the new 2013 single CD players offer users enhanced display possibilities by providing customizable multi-color illumination controls and buttons. The areas on or around the buttons and volume knobs are illuminated to make adjustments easier, while the size of the display area has been increased more than 35% from the previous models for greater viewing angles, improved visibility and more song information.
EXPANDED SMARTPHONE INTEGRATION
To correspond with the ever-growing use of smartphones, Pioneer designed the new single CD players with expanded smartphone compatibility.
• MADE FOR IPHONE – From the entry level DEH-2500UI and up, Pioneer incorporated iPhone and iPod connectivity, allowing users to quickly access and play music from their iTunes® music library using the head unit’s front panel controls while simultaneously charging the device’s battery with 1 amp of charging.
• USB CONNECTIVITY (2) – All models starting with the DEH-2500UI support music stored in USB flash drives, thumb drives and even some hard drives (depending on the power requirements of the hard drive). For additional convenience, a USB port is placed on the front face of each receiver.
• BLUETOOTH – The DEH-X6500BT and FH-X700BT feature Bluetooth capability for hands-free calling as well as music streaming, allowing the option to stay connected without a hardwire connection. When paired with an iPhone® 3GS, iPhone 4, or iPhone 4S, these models also support voice control via Bluetooth. The user can call a contact or select a playlist, song, artist, or album directly from the DEH-X6500BT and FH-X700BT using the iPhone’s native voice control feature.
• ANDROID SUPPORT – New for 2013 models, Android™ smartphone music support is possible via USB connection. Users of compatible Android smartphones can listen to music stored on their devices and utilize Pioneer’s unique MIXTRAX music effects.
• APP MODE – With App Mode, five models (all but DEH-P150MP) enable users to listen to their favorite music and streaming audio apps from a USB connected iPhone or iPod touch®.
MORE MUSIC FEATURES
A variety of exciting and fun features are built-in to the new single CD line-up to enhance the driving experience:
• MIXTRAX – Pioneer’s exclusive MIXTRAX feature is included in the DEH-X3500UI model and higher to deliver a unique DJ-like listening experience. MIXTRAX takes the music from an iPhone, iPod touch, USB device, or certain Android devices and plays it back with added transitions and effects, creating a virtual DJ inside the Pioneer receiver. Following the beat of the music, the feature also includes six patterns of club-style illumination to enhance the mood with a dynamic dance club-like lighting effect.
• PANDORA INTERNET RADIO – The extremely popular Pandora internet radio continues to be part of the new single CD line-up to provide a unique music experience tailored to the user’s preferences. Once the Pandora app is launched from an iPhone connected to the CD receiver, song and artist selection can be controlled directly from the receiver.
• HD RADIO – HD Radio is built in to the DEH-X5500HD model for playback of high quality audio broadcasts. The feature provides a clear digital connection to HD Radio broadcasts from local radio stations as well as artist and song title information on the receiver displays (when available).
Pioneer’s six single CD receiver offerings are available now with suggested retail prices starting at $70.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.
Do not use your Pioneer system if doing so will divert your attention in any way from the safe operation of your vehicle. Always observe safe driving rules. In some states certain operations of devices while driving may be illegal. Where such regulations apply, they must be obeyed.
1 Bluetooth functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
2 Not every USB device is compatible with a Pioneer head unit containing an USB port. Pioneer head units containing a USB port are compatible with USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) devices only, and are not compatible with DRM (Digital Rights Management) contents and MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) connection devices. For size and other limitations, please see Owner’s Manual. Unauthorized copying of music or other files is strictly prohibited. Optional USB extension cable is available for use with front USB ports.
PIONEER, MIXTRAX and APP MODE are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
iPod, iPOD touch, iPHONE and iTUNES are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Pandora is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc.
HD Radio is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corporation.