At last weekend’s Mustang Club of America’s Director’s Summit in Dallas, 50th Birthday Celebration chairman Ron Bramlett announced that the MCA will host a 50th Kickoff Party Weekend on April 12-13, 2014 in Norman, Oklahoma (near Oklahoma City).
The kickoff weekend will allow 50th participants to drive to the middle of the country, then depart in organized cruises to either Charlotte Motor Speedway or Las Vegas Motor Speedway for the official 50th anniversary events on April 17-20, 2014. In Norman, shuttle services will be provided for trips to malls and movies. Dignitaries from Ford and the Mustang world will be invited to speak.
Activities will be organized along the way, making for a weeklong 50th anniversary celebration. Participants can also join the cruises as they make their way to Charlotte or Las Vegas.
Other 50th anniversary news reported by Bramlett:
* The 50th Birthday Celebrations will be designed for the entire Mustang community, not just MCA members. Other clubs, such as the Yellow Mustang Club, will be invited to participate.
* There will be no concours judging at Charlotte or Las Vegas to allow MCA judges to enjoy the events. Appreciation awards will be presented to participating Mustangs that won gold, silver, and bronze awards at 2012 and 2013 MCA national shows.
* Every participating Mustang will receive a 50th Birthday Celebration participation award.
* Per previous anniversary years, there will be no MCA Grand National show in 2014.
* The MCA is developing a website to distribute 50th Birthday Celebration information and provide online registration.