With 662 horsepower from the factory, the ’13 Shelby GT500 is the most powerful Mustang ever. As expected, Shelby American is taking it up a notch with its GT500 Super Snake package.
For ’13, the Shelby GT500 Super Snake is available with 850 horsepower. However, for those who are content with 662, the ’13 Super Snake is also available without a supercharger upgrade.
With a base model rated at 662hp and an optional 850hp version, the limited-edition ’13 GT500 Super Snake also features new styling cues and optional performance upgrades at a lower base price. Only 500 will be built, available as a coupe or convertible in the entire color palette offered by Ford on the Shelby GT500.
“When Ford launched the ’13 Shelby GT500, we were bombarded with requests for Shelby American to offer a Super Snake package for the car,” said John Luft, president of Shelby American. “Our team worked closely with Ford Racing and other partners to develop our new fire-breathing snake. The result is the most powerful base model Super Snake ever at 662 horsepower, which is available at prices lower than previous models. By checking off a few boxes in the series of optional equipment, you can take home a street-legal 850 horsepower version that runs on pump gas.”
Customers can choose between Satin Black or Gloss White stripes to be paired with new wheels in Satin Black or Bright Silver Metallic, along with new silver and blue stripes paired with limited base vehicle colors.
Offered for the first time in Shelby American’s history will be a choice of rear-only or front and rear “wide body” packages with an optional 14-inch rear wheel and tire package, as seen on the Carroll Shelby Tribute car developed by Ford and Shelby American.
The Shelby GT500 Super Snake package includes:
• Standard base tune of 662hp and 631 ft./lbs. of torque
• 6-speed manual transmission with 3.31:1 rear axle ratio and short-throw shifter with optional 3.73:1
• Upgraded suspension package
• Shelby Performance cooling package with a new radiator, heat exchanger, and aluminum cooling tanks
• New Shelby-designed 20-inch wheels and performance tires
• Shelby/Borla exhaust system
• Optional Shelby/Ford Racing 850hp Whipple supercharger or 850hp Kenne Bell supercharger
• Forged Shelby/Wilwood brakes with 6-piston fronts and 4-piston rear calipers and cross drilled/vented rotors
• Front brake cooling ducts and behind the door side scoops
• Unique fiberglass hood featuring classic Shelby Super Snake design
• Super Snake stripes in either satin black, gloss white, silver, or blue
• “Super Snake” badges and unique CSM number interior and engine plates
• “Shelby” lettering across the rear deck lid
• Optional two tone leather interior
• Shelby signature embroidered headrests, floor mats, and other Shelby designed components
The ’13 Shelby GT500 Super Snake post-title package starts at $28,995 for the 662hp version and $39,99 for the 850hp model, not including the base car. Contact the Shelby American sales department at 702/942-7325 or go to www.shelbyamerican.com.