American Autowire Announces Newest Product In The Classic Update Line!
The 1970 Mustang Classic Update Kit is here. Now all you '70 Mustang owners have a solution to old, frayed, wiring, glass fuses, and not enough circuits for modern upgrades. Check out the blog for all the details on this new harness.
Classic Update Kits give you one of the most complete kits on the market to “Make Wiring THAT Easy”. They are designed for a specific year, make, and model configuration. The 1970 Mustang kit boasts 19 features that make it the most complete system of its type in the industry:
• Correct replacement headlight switch with internal circuit breaker.
• Original Ford styled headlight switch connector.
• Headlight enhancement relays allow for high-powered halogen headlights.
• Separate relay controlled circuit for cars that have stock or aftermarket fog or driving lamps.
• Original Style ignition switch connector.
• Standard turn signal flasher and hazard flasher mounted on fuse panel; horn relay mounted on harness.
• New ATO Fusebox fits the the left of the original bulkhead pass thru opening and allows for easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility.
• Harness allows for most aftermarket accessories such as: gauge packages, heat and air conditioning systems, power windows, etc.
• All required hardware supplied.
• Original switch connector bodies! (Exclusive to American Autowire)
• Complete ignition and turn signal switch jumper harnesses with mating connectors and terminals along with full color instructions that include all of the dash/main harness connections that are unique to the 1970 Mustang installation.
• Steering column connectors will plug directly into most after market steering columns.
• Directions and an adapter with terminals are included for adapting to a stock 1969 Ford Mustang steering column.
• Separate optional under-dash light sockets along with original dome/interior light wiring.
• Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a separate “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. The best aspect of the disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly wired in. This includes JME ENTERPRISES, AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, and VDO just to name a few.
• Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness behind the left hand kick panel for easy accessibility and allows for original or custom routing. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead and ground wires, stop and tail light lead wires with proper focal length sockets, third brake light wire and the correct license plate lead connection for use with your stock tag lamp. Fuel tank sender wire and sending unit extension are also included.
• New floor dimmer switch is provided and mounts in the stock location.
• Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, brake warning (with later updated extension if necessary), and electronic speedometer (if necessary). A heavy gauge alternator feed wire is provided for a typical 1 wire high-powered installation.
• Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light, fog light, and directional light leads are provided, as well as a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
The 1970 Mustang Classic Update Kit is available now as part number 510243. The retail price is $769. For more details see www.americanautowire.com.